Interim VP of Finance – fast growing technology company – 4-6 months Copenhagen
Possible permanent position with attractive equity program
We are looking for an experienced Interim VP of Finance to join a leading technology company headquartered in Denmark. The company has developed a very strong market position and has had remarkable growth, increasing deliveries by 3.5x in 2018 over 2017. The company has offices in Copenhagen and London, and plan to open in New York in H2 2019. The company is “bootstrapped” and has not received any venture funding YTD, despite the growth achievements. The interim position is likely to be made permanent for the right candidate and it holds an attractive equity program.
Now the company is looking to embark on the next phase of their journey. In order to fulfil the growth potential, they are looking to close a late Series A funding round end of Q1 2019. To ensure that the growth is supported by a strong Finance function, and they are looking to complement the existing management team with an experienced, Interim VP of Finance to take overall responsibility for this important area.
Working alongside the management team, the Interim VP Finance will have overall control and responsibility for all financial aspects of the company. It is expected that the Inteirm VP Finance will have the vision and capability to build a department that actively supports the business; that can lead the company through rounds of funding with investors; and who can bring their knowledge and capabilities to add value to management discussions on commercial and operational areas.
- Risk management / risk minimization
- Cash collection
- Liquidity management
- M&A activities
- Legal point of contact
- Investor relations
- Support internationalization
- Supporting operation and controlling
The main focus areas will be
Finance and economics
- Client contracts
- Terms and conditions
- Creditor and supply contracts
- Reconciliation of monthly turnover
- Salary and expense reports – supported by assistant
- VAT, taxes and other administrative issues related to the company structure
- Monthly board reporting and participation
- Working capital
- Budgeting, modeling and forecasting – incl. P&L, cash flow and balance
- Support to strategy – modeling etc.
- Participate in board meetings and presentation of financial status
- M&A activities and setting up data room for Series B
- Investor and shareholder management
- Cap table
- Reporting and other Company Secretary relevant tasks
- Monthly and Quarterly status reports
Organization, operation and controlling
- Employment contracts
- Compensation models
- Warrants program
- Personnel matters (internships, wage subsidies, maternity leave etc.)
- Client accounts and handling of these
- Miscellaneous contracts/legal in collaboration with lawyer
The ideal candidate
The ideal candidate will be entrepreneurial in spirit, detail oriented, and persistent. They should be a qualified accountant with extensive (at least 7-10 years) experience as a leader in Finance function in their current role. They should be capable of engaging in constructive discussion about the options for the company, and then to deliver on the agreed approach, in collaboration management of the company.