Experienced Interim business Controller – project accounts SAP – 6 months – West Jutland
For our customer located in north/west Jutland, we need an experienced Interim business controller who has deep and broad hands-on experience with the company’s newly installed SAP project module.
For the right candidate, there will be the possibility of permanent employment afterwards.
The company develops innovation, development and manufacturing solutions that serve customers in pharmaceutical, diagnostic and medical equipment.
You will be part of an international team with a few employees in north/west Jutland, which is part of the finance team. Your sparring partner and SAP project accounting expert is located in the United States.
The corporate language is English.
Responsibilities / tasks:
A significant part of the initial work tasks will be to ensure the establishment of appropriate work routines and reconciliation routines related to the company’s project module in SAP.
- Reconciliations of project postings from project module in SAP to finance. Preparation of documentation for manual routines and system functions for the posting of alternative posting types (hours, production orders, other costs) during the month and at the end of the month / settlements.
- Establishment of work- / control routines for correct bookkeeping of projects in P&L and in the balance sheet, as well as routines for ensuring a fair overview of any loss-making projects and reservation for deferred losses on ongoing projects at the end of the month.
- Identify error setups of the SAP project module and initiate error correction.
- Build templates in Excel via data port function so that a project overview with the option of drill down per. case with revenue, COGS, GM, etc (compared to project budget).
- Building routines / system for forecast per. project with automatic integration to finance in collaboration with system consultants.
- Training of the other finance function in new work routines, reconciliation routines and control routines.
- Contribute to knowledge sharing in the finance function around the SAP project module.
- In the longer term – controlling tasks in relation to the SAP inventory module – including handling fixed processes related to cost roll up, standard costing, analysis of variance etc.
- Dialogue and collaboration as well as knowledge sharing with employees in the rest of the group – located in Denmark, the UK, Ireland and the USA.
- Office 365
Any questions regarding the assignment should be addressed to Partner Jesper Toth Mouritzen on firstname.lastname@example.org
If the assignment is of no interest or not within your field of competence, please feel free to pass on to a potential candidate in your network.